Big Hit Tennis Camps Summer 2023
Camp 1 July 3 – 7 10am - 1pm
No afternoon Camp
Camp 2 July 10 - 14 10am - 1pm
Camp 3 July 10 – 14 1.30pm - 4pm Teenage Camp
Camp 4 July 17 – 21 10am - 1pm
Camp 5 July 17 – 21 1.30pm – 4.30pm In Between Camp
Camp 6 July 24 - 28 10am - 1pm
Camp 7 July 24 - 28 1.30pm - 4pm Teenage Camp
Camp 8 July 31 – Aug4 10am - 1pm
No afternoon Camp
Camp 9 Aug 8 - 11 10am – 2pm ( Tues Wed Thurs) Fri 10am -1pm
Note 4 day camp (no Tennis Bank H Mon Aug 7 )
No afternoon Camp
PRICES & PAYMENT per weekly camp
Non Arklow Tennis club members
€95 for one child,
€85 for second child, same parent, same week
€65 for 3rd and subsequent children with same parent, same week
Members of Arklow Lawn Tennis Club
( Annual Membership Fee must have been Paid to the club)
€85 for one child,
€75 for second child, same parent, same week
€55 for 3rd and subsequent children with same parent, same week
General Morning Camps All levels
All morning camps ( 10am – 1pm ) cater for boys and girls entering 1st class September 2023 to 1st year secondary Sept 2023 roughly 8-13 years of age of all levels
general ratio 12 : 1 pupils per coach ( but often less )
( unfortunately kids currently in the class of Junior infants June 2023 will have to wait until Summer 2024, We are so sorry ) We know how eager kids of this age can be to get started but 3 hours tennis for 5 days is unfortunately a little too much tennis for them at this stage) ( They may do 30 minute taster sessions in-school which are the perfect into to tennis at this age ). See note at the end
Teenage Camps Boys and girls entering 1st year Sept 2023 – 6th year 2023
Playing level Social to Intermediate competition level.
( if your child has no previous playing experience please discuss with the coach before booking )
All these camps are subject to minimum numbers. Teen Camps are 2.5 hours each day run at smaller ratio than general camps 10:1 Pupil to Coach per court
In Between Camps Boys and Girls entering 4th class primary Sept 2023 – 3rd year secondary Sept 2023. All levels general ratio 10:1 pupils per coach
Camp subject to minimum numbers
How to Book
Firstly, To enquire about places please text David on 0878166525.
*please Text ONLY if possible * (only call if totally necessary, as texts are a much easier way to record an enquiry)
When texting please include
- your child's name and your own name as a Parent / Guardian
- School's name and the class/year they will enter in the new school year of September 2023 ( eg 1st class, 2nd class etc )
- Which camp you are interested in
- David will reply to you as soon as possible to confirm if a place is available.
You can pay by bank transfer, cash or cheque. ( Pls note we do not have a revolut account for payments )
Registration ( text reply in advance of camp start date )
We have no written registration form but we would like everyone to text David 0878166525 to confirm you have read the following basic requirements on booking
1. If your child has any medical, dietary, or specific allegeries if you could call to discuss in advance of the camp. Also, importantly if your child has any learning, mobility or coordination requirements, please call or text David 0878166525 to discuss in advance of the camp
2. Please ensure your child has a light packed lunch for a 15 minute break. We operate a healthy eating policy. Please no crisps or popcorn or fizzy drinks Please also ensure your child brings his or her own water bottle.
3. The camp will operate in most weather conditions, but in the event where the weather is likely to be too inclement for play for the 3 hour period, the co-ordinators reserve the right to postpone and try to reschedule. David will keep in contact with everyone with more exact weather forecasts closer to the time. Any time lost due to very poor weather will be recouped during the week ( or in the case where this is not possible at a later date over the Summer period ) In an average Summer Camp schedule we often have 2 or 3 days over the 6-7 week period where play on a certain day needs to be rescheduled due to very inclement weather (this is just the historical average Summer conditions )
4. All boys and girls under the age of 16 years of age must remain inside the club grounds until their parent comes to collect them. If you would like your child to exit of their own accord please ensure you have informed us, verbally or in writing via text.
5. As this is our 103rd year of tennis at Arklow lawn, its another big year. We have photos going back from the 1920s which are an amazing record for the club. If you would prefer that your child is not in any photos pls do let us know. It's not a problem.
In the event that all parents are happy for a group photo to be taken,
This will not be shared for promotional or social media purposes unless authorized by you the parents first via formal consent.
6. Please avoid parking directly outside the club or on the terrace.. other than dropping or collecting your child off without entering the club yourself. There is a designated parking area a little further up the road. We are aware parking is limited so we will try to ensure home time is as orderly as possible.
7. Please don't forget Sunglasses or Baseball caps for those sunny day
The Sun when out can be blindingly bright from one end making play extremely difficult. ( Particularly so in the morning )
8 . In the extremely rare event we reserve the right to cancel a camp, due to number of factors, ( subject to coach illness, or other rare and mitigating factors, A full refund would at all times be given )
If you notify us a minimum of 1 week in advance of the start date that you child or children cannot attend , a full refund will be given. We cannot offer a refund with less than 1 week notice, unless there’s a situation where someone else takes your child’s place at short notice.
- We unfortunately cannot offer a refund once the camp has started for illness or otherwise but we will to the best of our ability offer your child time in lieu on another camp if they are too ill too attend. We always help as best we can, in every circumstance, but we cannot offer any hard and fast guarantees
For Any other queries please text or call David 0878166525
Other than that ,we wish everyone a great time at Tennis Camp 2023!
Note for Parents of kids currently in Junior Infants
We are so sorry that these intensive Camps are not yet suitable for your child
As a Coach and Parent of young boys, I see all to regularly how this one extra year between Junior and Senior infants can make a big difference in a childs’ tennis/sporting pathway development.
For boys and girls entering 1st class Sept 2023, 3 hours is a lot of tennis each day . We therefore punctuate the camp with plenty of general fun games involving the ABCs ( Agility Balance Coordination) keeping fun at heart.
Kids entering 2nd class 2023 will have alot of these skills already gained and generally get off to a flying start ( We understand every child is uniquely different in their level of coordination and we have only very occasionally made exceptions to kids who have shown outstanding levels of Coordination, but by and large this is a rare occurrence ) We hope you understand
We really look forward to seeing your child playing tennis at some stage in the not too distant future.
We hope they will really enjoy this sport for life
Follow us on Facebook